Apex Modding would like to finally, officially present our complete GT3 mod for rFactor 2 ! We are ecstatic to share it with you. It took years of work to create, improve and fix content, as well as stay current with game and technology updates.
If you enjoy our work and wish to support us for past content or to support future work (of which there is plenty), you can donate any amount through this link. Your help is truly appreciated.
- Bentley Continental GT3 '2015
- BMW Z4 GT3 '2012
- Chevrolet Camaro '2012
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06R '2012
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3 '2012
- Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '2012
- 854 GT3 '2012
- 799 GT3 '2012
If you downloaded our mod outside of Steam, please do not forget to install "AM_FIAGT3_2012.rfcmp" as it is the file that contains the sounds. Below is a summarized changelog between our last public beta and our v1.0 release. Enjoy the reading and we hope you will enjoy racing a full grid of cars - Bentley, BMW, two Chevrolet, McLaren, Mercedes, and an Italian and another German manufacturer – both offline and online !
- Brand new front tyres on 458, MP4-12C and Z06
- Brand new S9 tyres on Bentley and Camaro
- Corrected fuel comsumption on MP4-12C
- Modified Z06 suspension
- Alpha offset corrected on 458 and Camaro windshield
- Updated 799 tbc file
- Endurance drivers strategy forcely change : updated pits menu on every car
- Added missing 458 rain tyres and Z4 S9
- Closed gap on cockpit view in Z4 and SLS AMG
- Debugged Camaro roll over and random CTDCrash To Desktop with some cars on S8 / S9 tyres
- Reworked light cockpit bloom on SLS, Z4, MP4-12C, 799, Camaro
- New CPM 2.0 tyres based on Studio 397 tyre database, rebuilt and tweaked with Redapg online tools.
IMPORTANT : You need to be careful on the first lap out of the pits as these tyres, like in real life, need to reach a proper temperature window. If you push too hard too soon, the long-term pace and tyre life will be jeopardized. This mod is an endurance mod, like in real life, strategy is important. S7 tires are the softest compound, S9 are the hardest compound.
- S7 tyres can handle 30 laps at a circuit like Spa-Francorchamps. The S7 is the tyre to use in Sprint races (lasting one hour or less).
- S8 lets you run a double-fuel stint and can last roughly two hours.
- S9 can last up to three hours so it is a great option for proper endurance races.
- Reworked default setups which now offer a great blend between drivability and stability.
- Added latest rFactor 2 tech such as :
- ABS, Traction Control (default setting is Medium), rain drop shaders and behavior to body and windscreen (wipers are now necessary), tweaked chassis flex, fuel movement.
- Undocumented and not fully supported by the game, we added night lights in the cockpits (!) of 997, MP4-12C, SLS, and Z4 as per real life references. There are limitations to what was realistically achievable so we had to settle for an implementation that worked and was not buggy.
- Illuminated MOTEC at night.
- Reworked car filters and categories, and added more filters :
- AMGT3 : All cars (each manufacturer has their own filter too)
- AM_ADAC-GT : Cars that participated in the ADAC GT Masters
- AM_BES : Cars from the Blancpain series
- AM_FIAGT3 : Cars from the FIA GT3 series
- AM_PWC : Cars from the Pirelli World Challenge
- AM_VLN : Cars that participated in the Nordschleife VLN races
- Some series have cars with only a couple of liveries. We were not able to paint all of the cars but believe the overall representation is very good. The mod is now organized in a way where new skins are more easily added and found, and more skins can be added in a future update if the community wishes to contribute
- Reworked Z06 chassis flex to address bottoming issues in tracks like Nordschleife or Spa-Francorchamps
- Removed heat haze from the SLS AMG
- 799 cockpit camera correctly centered
- Removed fuel mixture settings
- MP4-12C and Z06 now use the correct sidewall textures
- Reworked class filter display
- Chassis scratches due to game limitations. Detachable parts remain
- Car LED position lights as the real cars we recreated did not feature such
- 3D, 2D art, sounds, physics : Apex Modding Team (https://www.apex-modding.com/)
- Additional physics : Chris redapg (his online tools), Michael Borda, Marek Lesniak
- Additional 2D and 3D : shadow works, olisoft, sfersystem, Tolik, Totorman, Stano, Cartman 78, Gui lite
- Additional sounds : Destroem
- Additional art, glow, windshield wipers and rain effects : SlowMotion, Some1, Nibiru (XFactor Racing)
- Studio 397 for the updated tyre database from where we could study new entries
- Testing : Apex Modding, adakar, archi, and special thanks to wishmaster and P1-Gaming for extensive beta testing of updates and Balance of Performance
We really hope you have a lot of fun with this free mod !